Myanmar earthquake toll crosses 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Event details
Extreme heat and heavy rain in Myanmar could cause disease outbreaks among earthquake survivors camping in the open, global aid bodies warned on Thursday, complicating rescue efforts made difficult by...
From USA TODAY
The death toll in last week’s massive earthquake in Myanmar has passed 2,000, state media said Monday, as accounts of some people’s last moments emerged: Two hundred Buddhist monks crushed by a colla...
From Associated Press
The United States did not send any specialist aid teams to Myanmar after the earthquake hit on Friday.
From The New York Times
Read more on News Digest
Myanmar's junta chief Min Aung Hlaing will travel to Thailand for a regional summit as his country reels from an earthquake that killed thousands and left cities in ruin. The earthquake in central Myanmar last Friday killed 3,085 people and injured 4,715, the junta has said. Hundreds more are missing and the toll is expected to rise.
By Nidhi Jacob A viral video is circulating online, claiming to show the aftermath of an earthquake in Bangkok, Thailand. This claim comes amid widespread AI-generated images and videos, falsely attributing the recent earthquake in Myanmar to both Myanmar and Thailand,
BANGKOK—Myanmar’s ruling military declared a temporary ceasefire in the country’s civil war Wednesday to facilitate relief efforts following a 7.7 magnitude earthquake that has killed more than 3,000 people.
Thousands have evacuated from cracked buildings in Bangkok three days after a powerful earthquake in central Myanmar.
During his visit to Thailand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed condolences for the lives lost in the recent earthquake, emphasising the cultural ties between India and Thailand. His visit included attending the BIMSTEC summit and witnessing a traditional Thai performance.
At least two people were killed on Friday after a building collapsed in Bangkok during a strong earthquake in the region.
Workers said poor-quality materials were used during construction by a Chinese developer as it sought to cut costs. Investigators also said they found substandard steel bars in the rubble.
At least 21 deaths have been reported in Thailand. More than half came from the collapsed skyscraper, meant to house the country's State Audit Office.