1h
RBC Ukraine on MSNEarthquake in Myanmar: Death toll exceeds 3,000, rescue operation at riskThe death toll from the devastating earthquake in Myanmar has risen to 3,003 people, with 4,515 others reported as injured. Rescue operations are ongoing, but weather conditions may complicate the efforts,
Myanmar's ruling military government declared a three-week-long unilateral cease-fire to aid the humanitarian and rebuilding effort five days after a devastating earthquake that killed more than 2,800 people.
The surprise announcement by the unelected government said the halt in fighting would run until April 22 to show compassion for people affected by last week's quake.
S ince March 28th, when a powerful earthquake shook Myanmar’s central heartlands, the country’s brutal junta has tried to show the world its softer side. Min Aung Hlaing, its leader, has visited survivors in a hospital and asked foreigners to send help.
Extreme heat and heavy rain in Myanmar could cause disease outbreaks among earthquake survivors camping in the open, global aid bodies warned on Thursday.
Rescue workers at the U Hla Thein monastery said 270 monks were taking a religious exam when the quake hit, decimating the monastery. 70 were able to escape, but 50 have already been found dead and 150 are still unaccounted for.
In the wake of the devastating earthquake of 7.7 magnitude in Myanmar, India launched Operation Brahma to help Myanmar. It set up a field hospital, which is catering to locals affected due to the calamity.
The death toll in last week’s massive earthquake in Myanmar has passed 2,000, state media said Monday, as accounts of some people’s last